Minute Taking with Confidence
Who is it for?
This Minute Taking with Confidence course is for anybody who takes notes at meetings and needs to produce clear and accurate minutes that will be acted on.
Are you responsible for taking minutes of meetings?
This popular course will show you how to work effectively with the Chair, and how to take notes during a meeting by distinguishing the significant elements from the irrelevant. You will be shown how to write up minutes which are accurate, concise and easy to use, ensuring that action points are followed up.
This course will improve your confidence, enabling you to minute formal and informal meetings effectively.
- The responsibilities of the minute taker
- The purpose of minutes and the different types
- Effective preparation for a meeting
- Creating useful agendas
- Layout of agendas and minutes for formal and informal meetings
- Note taking skills
- Skills of active listening
- Distinguishing the important and significant elements from the irrelevant
- Minute writing styles for formal and informal meetings
- Using appropriate phraseology
- An overview of punctuation and grammar
- Proof-reading your minutes
- Using technology to effectively manage the process of note taking, distributing and storing minutes
1 day, normally between 9:30 and 4:30
£395 (+VAT) per person on scheduled course. £1195 (+VAT) for training at your premises for up to 12 delegates. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
“This course was well structured with the content flowing well through the topics. The exercises were fun and not at all daunting!”
JJ, Kent and Medway Networks
I would recommend Sally as a trainer. She was knowledgeable and enthusiastic and gave me ideas on how I can maybe make changes so that I am PROUD of the minutes that I send out. Gave me confidence that the minutes don’t need to be done the same way as they have always been done!!
Delegate from University of Kent