This is our statement of policy for health and safety, in accordance with our duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
A nominated Director is designated as the Director responsible for Health & Safety at board level and is responsible for producing a Health & Safety Policy and procedures. This Director, with the other directors, will ensure that we meet our responsibilities to our directors, associates, trainees, visitors and anyone else who might be affected by our activities.
General Safety Policy
Kent Trainers will ensure, so far as it is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of our directors, associates, trainees, visitors and others who may be affected by our activities.
At present, Kent Trainers does not conduct any activities that we consider to be high risk; our activities do not involve hazardous materials or specialised machinery.
We will comply with all relevant statutory requirements and codes of practice and will, so far as is reasonable practicable:
- Conduct a full risk assessment of the venues we use and the activities we supervise (with the exception of venues provided or procured by our clients for in-house training)
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment which is free from risks to health and conducive to the welfare our directors, associates, trainees, visitors and others who may be affected by our activities
- Eliminate any potential hazards arising from our activities, and reduce to a minimum any risk to health and safety which may remain
- Plan and conduct our activities to minimise the exposure of members of the public to risks to their health and safety
- Provide clear processes for the assessment and mitigation of risks, and incident management and effective communication of these processes to our directors, associates, trainees, visitors and others who may be affected by our activities
For full details of our full Health & Safety policy, please contact us at email@example.com
This Policy was last reviewed in January 2023 and will be formally reviewed by Kent Trainers at 24 month intervals or less.