This course can be held in-house at your premises or at one of our venues for £1,195 + VAT for up to 12 delegates. If you choose to use one of our venues, room hire and catering will be charged at our specially negotiated rates. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
Book-keeping and finance for administrators and office managers
Who is it for?
Office and Administration Managers who would like or need to have a grasp of the basic principles of accountancy, bookkeeping and finance.
If you have responsibility in the office for simple book-keeping, VAT returns, operating cashbooks or you’d like to have a better understanding of how the finances work, this workshop will be useful to you.
Whether you work in the public, private or not-for-profit sector the course provides you with a basic understanding of accountancy, bookkeeping and financial management.
It covers the day to day operation of the cashbook, the use of ledgers and the contents of year end accounts (including trading, profit & loss accounts and balance sheet).
Worried about the jargon? All will become clear with practical, friendly and relevant advice on what you need to get to grips with the money.
- Define essential bookkeeping terms and principles
- Undertake VAT calculations and complete returns
- Set up and operate cashbooks
- The use of ledger accounts
- Closing off ledger accounts at year-end
- Understand simple trading and profit & loss accounts
- Explain the contents of the balance sheet
- Close off ledger accounts at year-end
- Describe the basic accounting requirements for organisations
1 day - normally between 09:30 and 16:30