Why book this course?
This one-day training course offers a practical, down-to-earth approach to conducting investigations into sensitive employment issues raised under grievance and disciplinary procedures. Learn from a highly experienced, independent investigator eager to share their expertise so that you can ensure the investigations you carry out are fair and impartial.
This course aims to enable participants to:
- Develop and practice key skills in conducting effective investigations into issues such as misconduct, bullying, harassment and discrimination.
- Build confidence in effectively managing subjects and witnesses and managing challenging situations.
- Demonstrate best practice standards and develop a structured approach to gathering and analysing evidence.
- Produce a balanced, structured written report that will stand up to scrutiny.
Participants will take away a set of tried and tested document templates for maintaining best practice standards of instigation.
Who is the course for?
This training course will be of particular value to HR professionals, operational and business managers, team leaders, trade union representatives and other personnel responsible for conducting workplace investigations and/or hearing grievance and disciplinary cases.
What content will the course cover?
This one day course will cover the following:
- Understanding the purpose of an investigation.
- Examining the legal context and our obligations under the ACAS Code.
- Planning and preparation.
- Conducting interviews, managing witnesses and gathering facts.
- Analysing and presenting the evidence.
What will I get out of the training?
This highly interactive training course combines tutor input with group discussions, case studies and activities. It provides investigators with practical tools, techniques and template documents as well as plenty of opportunity for practicing their investigation skills. Delegates will be ready to hit the ground running when they return to the workplace, taking on their next investigation with renewed skill and confidence.
What is the duration of this course?
This is a 1 day course.
The timings and format for our courses are as follows:
- Scheduled training courses held virtually
Unless specified, courses commence at 9:30am and finish at approximately 4:00pm. The day is broken up into modules, both online and offline to ensure engagement and interaction. We also ensure that there are plenty of comfort breaks throughout the day.
- Scheduled training courses held at one of our venues
Courses commences at 9:30am and finish at approximately 4:30pm. On all our scheduled courses, a hot lunch is included, and refreshments are provided throughout the day.
- In-house & bespoke courses, held virtually or at a venue of your choice
For all in-house training courses, we will adapt the timings and format for the day around the needs of your team and business. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.