Why book this course?
Even before the Coronavirus pandemic, flexible working was a growing trend. The reality of our current situation means that working remotely is now more popular and more necessary than ever. Even as the threat of COVID-19 recedes, it is likely that many employees will want to continue remote working in some capacity.
While remote working has its benefits, it can also lead to problems with organisation, motivation and communication. By attending our Managing Virtual and Remote teams course, you’ll gain the skills necessary to emulate the office environment for your virtual or remote teams, and ensure that they stay motivated, engaged and in touch.
Who is the course for?
Our Managing Virtual and Remote Teams course is ideal for line managers involved in motivating and working with remote teams. This may involve the planning and delegation of remote work, and various forms of communication with remote teams.
However, it may also be useful for business leaders who wish to gain an insight into the culture of remote working, and the benefits it can have.
What content will the course cover?
The Remote or Virtual Team
- Where are they?
- What are the challenges of a remote team?
- What are the advantages of a remote team?
- The key characteristics of an effective remote team?
- What skills do we need to lead a remote team?
The 3 key principles of effectively managing at a distance
- Communication styles – understanding everyone is different!
- Agreeing availability standards using the Communication styles
- Setting Goals & Measuring Success
Using communication skills for success
- Rapport and asking the right Questions
- Coaching & Feedback at a distance
- Listening skills
- The use of communication media – including email, teleconferencing, virtual meetings, chat-rooms etc
- Using the appropriate form of communication for the situation
- Delivering messages with the right intention
Building the distant team
- The teams identity
- Establishing rapport and trust
- Developing shared processes
- Facilitating relationship building amongst the tea
What will I get out of the training?
Our Managing Virtual and Remote Teams course will help you to understand the role of remote working in the modern workplace, and how it can be successfully integrated with your business. Learners will gain the confidence and ability to ensure their team members feel supported, and to provide them with regular communication, feedback and coaching.
At Kent Trainers, we’re proud to deliver bespoke training that takes your unique situation into account. As a participative course, you’ll be encouraged to discuss the challenges you face in your role, and develop the skills you need to successfully manage your team remotely.
What is the duration of this course?
This is a 1 day course.
The timings and format for our courses are as follows:
- Scheduled training courses held virtually
Unless specified, courses commence at 9:30am and finish at approximately 4:00pm. The day is broken up into modules, both online and offline to ensure engagement and interaction. We also ensure that there are plenty of comfort breaks throughout the day.
- Scheduled training courses held at one of our venues
Courses commences at 9:30am and finish at approximately 4:30pm. On all our scheduled courses, a hot lunch is included, and refreshments are provided throughout the day.
- In-house & bespoke courses, held virtually or at a venue of your choice
For all in-house training courses, we will adapt the timings and format for the day around the needs of your team and business. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.