Why book this course?
Like many countries, the UK is in the grips of a mental health crisis. Statistics show that 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem in their lifetime, while reports suggest that only 1 in 8 people in England and Wales are currently receiving treatment for their conditions - meaning that these mental health problems are inevitably being carried across to the workplace.
By taking our Mental Health at Work for Leaders course, you'll be tackling these issues head on. The course overview will inform you about different mental health conditions and the importance of good mental health in the workplace, but it will also empower you to address these problems. By supporting a more positive culture and attitudes to mental health, you'll not only fulfil your health & safety responsibilities to employees, but also make people happier, more motivated, and more productive.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who has line manager responsibility for others. It discusses sensitive topics, and charges learners with the responsibility to change attitudes as well as policies.
What content will the course cover?
Factors Affecting Mental Health
- What do we mean by Mental Health?
Mental Health Conditions
- An overview of depression, bi-polar, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, stress, PTSD, eating disorders, self-harm, phobias and schizophrenia.
Spotting the Signs
- Statistics, common causes and symptoms, stigma
Supportive Conversations in the Workplace
- Tips to improve wellbeing,
- How to have a conversation around mental health
- Why mental health is not discussed at work, recognising a problem, talking about mental health, supporting a colleague, promoting a healthy workplace and tips for managers.
- What’ help is available?
- Creating an Action Plan to Promote Mental Health Wellbeing
What will I get out of the training?
You will gain an overview of mental health problems, learning about some of the causes, symptoms and effects, explanation of ways in which you can help colleagues feel supported and encouraged.
What is the duration of this course?
This is a half-day course.
The timings and format for our courses are as follows:
- Scheduled training courses held virtually
Unless specified otherwise, the course will commence at 9:30am and finish at approximately 12:30pm. The course is broken up into modules, both online and offline to ensure engagement and interaction. There will also be a comfort break half way through the course.
- Scheduled training courses held at one of our venues
Courses commences at 9:30am and finish at approximately 12;30pm. On all our scheduled courses, refreshments are provided on arrival and during the mid morning break.
- In-house & bespoke courses, held virtually or at a venue of your choice
For all in-house training courses, we will adapt the timings and format for the day around the needs of your team and business. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.