Why book this course?
Like many countries, the UK is in the grips of a mental health crisis. Statistics show that 1 in 4 people will experience a mental health problem in their lifetime, while reports suggest that only 1 in 8 people in England and Wales are currently receiving treatment for their conditions - meaning that these mental health problems are inevitably being carried across to the workplace.
By taking our Mental Health at Work for Leaders course, you'll be tackling these issues head on. The course will inform you about different mental health conditions and the importance of good mental health in the workplace, but it will also empower you to address these problems. By supporting a more positive culture and attitudes to mental health, you'll not only fulfil your health & safety responsibilities to employees, but also make people happier, more motivated, and more productive.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone who has line manager responsibility for others. It discusses sensitive topics, and charges learners with the responsibility to change attitudes as well as policies.
What content will the course cover?
Factors Affecting Mental Health
- What do we mean by Mental Health?
Mental Health Conditions
- An overview of depression, bi-polar, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, stress, PTSD, eating disorders, self-harm, phobias and schizophrenia.
Spotting the Signs
- Statistics, common causes and symptoms, stigma
Supportive Conversations in the Workplace
- Tips to improve wellbeing,
- How to have a conversation around mental health
- Why mental health is not discussed at work, recognising a problem, talking about mental health, supporting a colleague, promoting a healthy workplace and tips for managers.
- What’ help is available?
- Creating an Action Plan to Promote Mental Health Wellbeing
What will I get out of the training?
You will gain an thorough overview of mental health problems, learning about some of the causes, symptoms and effects, explanation of ways in which you can help colleagues feel supported and encouraged.
What is the duration of this course?
This is a half-day course.
The course commences at 9:30am and we aim to finish at approximately 1:00pm.
On all our scheduled courses, lunch is included and refreshments are provided throughout the day.
For virtual courses, timings will vary. Details can be found next to each scheduled course date.