This course can be held in-house at your premises or at one of our venues for £1,195 + trainer travel from our Sevenoaks office + VAT. If you choose to use one of our venues, room hire and catering will be charged at our specially negotiated rates. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
Writing Effective Web Copy
Who is it for?
This course is ideal for startups, entrepreneurs, business-owners and marketers – anyone who wants to write their own website (or who wants to know whether their web copywriter is doing a good job). It will also benefit web designers who’d like to add extra value to their clients.
According to Wikipedia, 23.3% of the world’s websites are hosted on Wordpress – that’s more than 60 million websites.
One of the reasons people choose Wordpress (and other CMS platforms) is because they can design their own site and make their own updates without having to pay a professional.
However, if you don’t know which type of web design and content works and why, your website won’t be as effective as it could be.
This course is run by a professional copywriter who’s produced 100s of successful websites. You’ll learn the key things you need to know in order to improve the performance of your website and benefit the bottom line.
- Web copywriting for human beings
- WebWriting web copy v print copy
- Writing your home page: 4 main objectives, 4 words to avoid, 4 elements to include
- Writing your ‘about us’ page: 5 approaches, what NOT to write
- Writing product/service pages: DOs and DON’Ts
- Legal considerations
- Web design tips
- The power of video
- The future of websites
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) made simple
- 4 main things Google looks for
- 10 SEO tips you need to be aware of (without getting too techie)
1 day, normally between 9:30 and 4:30