Who is it for?
This Report Writing course is for anybody who is responsible for producing reports for colleagues and clients.
This Report Writing course will strengthen the content of your reports whether for internal or external use.
You will develop skills to clarify your objectives, draw up an outline and organise your information; how to construct arguments; prepare summaries and write recommendations.
The course will also cover the use of plain English, using the correct grammar and demonstrate an effective layout to ensure that your reports are professional and contemporary.
- Understand the purpose of reports
- Target your reader and analyse their needs
- Gather your data and select the relevant information for your reader
- Plan your report: brainstorming, mind-mapping & using the ‘outline’ method
- Structure your writing to maintain your readers’ attention: the beginning, the middle and the end
- How to produce an executive summary
- Use visuals, indexes & bibliographies to enhance your report
- Select words and phrases that will persuade your reader
- Write in a format that is crisp, clear and readily understood by the recipient
- Eliminate poor punctuation & grammar
1 day, normally between 9:30 and 4:30
£295 (+VAT) per person on scheduled course. £1195 (+VAT) for training at your premises for a group of staff. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
'Was really looking forward to this and it didn’t disappoint!'
'Excellent, knowledgable trainer and fun day.'
'Phil is very engaging and a pleasure to listen to.'
'Good mix of powerpoint, white board, activities and discussions.'
comments from delegates on course run for Kent Police