Managing Poor Performance and Difficult Behaviour
Who is it for?
This Managing Poor Performance & Difficult Behaviour course is for anyone who manages staff and want tips and techniques on how to recognise, pre-empt and deal with poor performance issues and difficult behaviours.
As a manager, you will have had to cope with a staff member who is not performing to an acceptable standard.
Maybe there are aspects of their behaviour you find difficult to manage. When does “difficult behaviour” becomes “poor-performance” and what are your options for managing this?
Whether the problems are related to productivity, motivation, morale or personal issues, they can be very disruptive. This course looks at practical steps which managers can take and their legal implications in managing poor performance and difficult behaviour.
- Understanding reasons for poor performance
- What motivates people to work effectively?
- Setting effective performance targets and standards of behaviour
- Motivating the unmotivated, disenchanted, under-performing employee
- Turning negative behaviours into positive and productive performance
- Coping with people who disrupt the team’s performance
- Identifying inappropriate and unacceptable behaviours including misuse of the internet, social media, mobile phones
- Addressing bullying and harrassment
- Handling informal conversations to nip issues in the bud
- Giving training and supervision to support performance improvement
- Delivering quality feedback with assertive communication
- Recognising and rewarding positive progress
- Legal routes: handling disciplinary situations for capability or conduct reasons
1 day – 9.30 – 4.30.
£395 (+VAT) per person on scheduled course. £1195 (+VAT) for training at your premises for a group of staff. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
"Sally was exceptional at putting us all at ease and delivering a clear message. Our group all get along very well and she had no problems with joining in our banter."
TC, Marley Plumbing & Drainage
"This was a great course and Sally was excellent at making her point. We thought the content was great. Thanks."
PD, Hunter Plastics
"A Very relaxed event which made the learning experience more enjoyable."