HR Essentials (2 days)
Who is it for?
This HR Essentials course is for managers and HR advisors who need to understand the essentials of human resource management and employment law.
This 2-day course is for you if you have limited experience in the fundamentals of HR management.
It covers key employment issues including: recruitment, employment law and performance management.
You will learn how to recruit the right staff, how to support them with appropriate policies and procedures, how to progress their careers and how to manage performance issues.
Day 1: Employing Staff
- Key stages of the employment life-cycle
- Employer obligations and employee rights
- Recruiting talent
- Using the internet to attract the right candidates
- The contract of employment
- Essential policies and procedures and the staff handbook
- Welcoming new staff and the induction process
Day 2: Managing Staff Performance
- Engaging and motivating employees
- Overview of the appraisal process
- Introduction to training needs analysis
- The basics of job evaluation
- Overview of handling poor performance
- Managing absence and turnover
- Handling disciplinary & grievance situations
2 days, normally between 9:30 and 4:30
£590 (+VAT) per person on scheduled course. £2390 (+VAT) for training at your premises for up to 12 delegates. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
“Fantastic, very informative and a huge help in understanding the HR role.”
EB, H L Hall International Ltd
"This course was very helpful as it focused on the important aspects of HR. Sally made it interesting and easy to follow and to participate in – very enjoyable."
JH, Kent and Medway Networks Ltd