Project Management – developing and running successful projects (2 days)
Who is it for?
This interactive project management course is for anyone who wants to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to proactively and successfully lead large or small projects.
For in house courses, the Trainer will discuss in advance the specific requirements for inclusion in the content.
A practical master class for managers needing to develop Project management skills. This course takes delegates through a project from its conception to its ultimate conclusion applying the learning as we go. At the end of the course the delegates will have a clear understanding of project management and the methods used for managing resources.
Clarifying the issue
- Do we have a project?
- Where does the problem lie? (fishbone analysis)
- Getting the objectives clear
- Linking objectives to organisational structure
Picking the right solution
- Option & Investment appraisal
- Time value of money (Net Present Value)
- Identifying and recording the benefits
- The role of the Business Case
- Project Initiation
- Breaking down the work involved
- Getting the structure right
- Getting the resourcing right
- Gantt charts
- Identifying the Critical Path
- Setting up risks and issues management
- Supporting IT
Building the team
- Establishing a team
- Team Dynamics – Tuckman
- Getting the balance right - Adair
- Motivating the team
- Managing Diversity
- Roles and responsibilities
- Managing stress
- Engaging stakeholders
- Managing Suppliers
- Effective stakeholder communications
During and after the project
- Change control
- Risk and issues management
- Where do the priorities lie ?
- Evaluating the project
- Have we delivered ?
- Why projects go wrong
- Learning lessons from others …
2 days, normally between 9:30 and 4:30
£790 (+VAT) per person on scheduled course. £2390 (+VAT) for training at your premises for a group of staff. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.