This course can also be held in-house at your premises or at one of our venues for £1,195 + VAT. If you choose to use one of our venues, room hire and catering will be charged at our specially negotiated rates. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.
Managing Remote Teams
Who is it for?
All line managers involved in motivating and working with remote teams.
Attending this workshop will equip the Remote Leader with the skills necessary to motivate, engage and manage a virtual or distant team on a day to day basis. Whether the team is on the road, home-based, or at multi-locations, research has found that employees work more effectively with a sense of belonging that comes from being part of a team.
We’ll show you how to ensure that your team members feel supported and receive regular communication, feedback and coaching. The workshop will be participative, and include a mix of trainer led discussions, syndicate exercises and group work.
Welcome and Introductions
- Warm up, focus and icebreaker.
- Our Objectives
- Agenda & Housekeeping
The Remote or Virtual Team
- Where are they?
- What are the challenges of a remote team?
- What are the advantages of a remote team?
- The key characteristics of an effective remote team?
- What skills do we need to lead a remote team?
The 3 key principles of effectively managing at a distance
- Communication styles – understanding everyone is different!
- Agreeing availability standards using the Communication styles
- Setting Goals & Measuring Success
Using communication skills for success
- Rapport and asking the right Questions
- Coaching & Feedback at a distance
- Listening skills
- The use of communication media – including email, teleconferencing, virtual meetings, chat-rooms etc
- Using the appropriate form of communication for the situation
- Delivering messages with the right intention
Building the distant team
- The team’s identity
- Establishing rapport and trust
- Developing shared processes
- Facilitating relationship building amongst the team
- Review of Key Learns
- Action Plans
- Evaluation Forms
1 day, normally between 9:30 and 4:30