Team Leadership - Leading a Successful Team (2 days)
Who is it for?
How can you get the best from your team? How can you get them all pulling in the same direction?
This two day team leadership course will enable you to explore a range of practical management leadership techniques to lead, encourage, & inspire performance from your teams.
You will learn how to adapt your leadership style according to the individual, task and situation. You will learn how to motivate and inspire others in an assertive and effective way and how to add value to each team process.
Day 1: The roles and responsibilities of a team leader and how a team works
- What is required of you as Team Leader?
- The key skills of successful Team Leaders
- Explore your own approach to working with others and how this affects outcomes
- Different management styles for different situations
- Understanding team dynamics and the stages of a team life-cycle
- Understanding the roles individuals play within teams
Day 2: Tools and techniques for managing team performance
- Setting goals & objectives for your team
- Delegating effectively to team members
- Motivating a diverse team of individuals
- Working with difficult team members and giving constructive feedback
- Handling team meetings effectively
Overnight accommodation is available on site at our venues at preferential rates for those wishing to book. Please call the office for further details on pricing.
ILM Registration Benefits
This programme is recognised by the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). This means that for an optional registration fee:
Delegates will receive an ILM Development Certificate (in addition to the Kent Trainers Certificate). This can be added to the delegates CV or professional learning log.
Should the delegate wish to progress this training to a formal ILM Management qualification, this can be achieved through additional study and formalised assessments which is organised through the ILM. (Additional charges apply).
2 days, normally between 9:30 and 4:30
£790 + VAT per person on scheduled course. This course can be run in-house for £2390 + trainer travel + VAT for up to 12 delegates. We offer optional ILM registration on this course at £75 + VAT per delegate.
“A very good course with lots of useful information. It was just what I needed to understand my role.”
JM from Genovar Bioscience
“Very thorough training – picked up good tips that will help practically.”
RW, VSU Youth in Action