Finance – The Basics
Who is it for?
This Finance course is for anyone with responsibility for financial performance or who requires an understanding of basic financial principles.
What will I get out of it?
After the course delegates will have learned to:
Understand basic financial documents used in business.
Interpret the information in these documents and use it to manage day to day business activity.
Be more effective in their managerial role.
Every decision a business makes potentially impacts on the finances of an organisation. This course helps to demystify accounting and finance and provides a broad understanding of the basics. Areas covered include why financial records are maintained, the importance of accounting systems, financial terminology and an overview of the financial statements. Delivery is based around discussion of the topics with the use of practical examples and exercises to help embed new skills.
- Debits & Credits.
- Accounting ledgers and systems.
- The Trial Balance.
- Preparation of accounts.
- Understanding different financial terms and concepts.
- What the Income Statement (Profit and Loss account) is.
- The Statement of Financial Position (Balance Sheet) and its relationship with the Income Statement.
- What a Cashflow Statement is.
- Why “cash is king” – the difference between profit and cash.
- Jargon busting.
1 day - normally between 09:30 and 16:30
£395 (+VAT) per person on scheduled course. £1195 (+VAT) for training at your premises for a group of up to 12 staff. Unless stated otherwise, travel time is included in the price.